As most of you know I had to have 2 brain sugeries back in 2004. Well, my mom called me last night to say that Extreme Makeover Home Edition this past week was for a family that has endured this "disease." I quote that b/c I literally had no idea it was so serious and took it very lightly, or else the Holy Spirit literally lessoned my burden drastically.
There are some links below. The second link is the Extreme video link so that you can watch it for yourself. The others are information about Chiari Malformation (the 2nd surgery I had). I also found out that hydrocephalis (my first surgery) is perhaps caused by the Chiari disease. I was under the impression that the cyst I had caused the hydrocephalus, but now I wonder. It is a really neat story and I can't help but be grateful to God for the timing and the miracle of the entire situation.
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/science/article_212110401.shtml
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/extreme-makeover-home-edition-the-carter-family/1613811329
http://www.chiaripeople.org/events.php
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/chiari/chiari.htm
http://www.neurosurgerytoday.org/what/patient_e/chiari1.asp
In addition to this, I was just graciously given two hockey tickets for Halloween night, for FREE. All I have to do is pay for parking and I get another person in. If anyone would like to go, let me know. It's at 7:30 next Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment