Sunday, January 27, 2008

Relaxing weekend

I had every intention on going to school to get some work done, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I have had such a relaxing and fun weekend. Friday I left work at 4:20 (the earliest in a while) and got ready to go to the Kimbell Art Museum. I went with my friend Brandon that I worked with last year.

We saw the Picturing the Bible Exhibit that I have heard about since November and I absolutely loved it. I was amazed at the difference in how we express our faith these days from the early Centuries. They were not distracted by media and they knew their Bibles hands down and created artifacts with Biblical images on them that were amazing. Why don't we do this today? Why don't we act on our belief the way they did back then? Why are we so complacent when they were so obviously not? Another observation is that there was so much emphasis on a certain scenes, Noah in the Ark, Moses striking a rock (learned that it symoblized baptism), Jonah going in the animal and being spit out of the animal, and Adam and Eve. Those four images were on about 85% of the items we saw there. I loved it, was encouraged and convicted by it, and recommend it to all of you. It goes until the end of March I believe so go see it. It is half off on Tuesdays all day and on Fridays from 5-8 PM. After that we walked around in the beautifully cold weather and then went to eat at Gloria's Restaraunt. It was a little on the pricey side for my taste, but good and a fun environment...and good company as well.

I got home and later fell asleep on my couch, one of my favorite things to do. Then Saturday I relaxed all day, something I have needed to do. I ironed clothes, cleaned my closet, played on teh Internet, organized some, started the Falling in Love with Jesus Bible study, napped for almost 4 hours Sat. evening, and watched a lot of "Best of Friends, volume 1 and 2" What a great day it was, and how I long for more of those? I refuse to feel guilty for lack of teacher productivity.

Today I got to sleep in a bit and then went to church to hear about putting God's Kingdom first and how that can be evident by if I put him first in my money management. It was neat to finally get to tithe 10% of my new salary. I have never got to come close to tithing as much as I get to now, and it felt great. Then instead of going to work as I had planned I went to the grocery store and then went home to much, watch more Friends, and now type on the computer.

I can't wait till the summer and I can have more than the weekend to relax, that will be fabulous. By the way, don't get used to me coming on here and giving you a rendition of what I have done over a certain period of time. For one, I do not have Internet so I am just taking advantage of getting it in the office finally. For two, I had to record my relaxation weekend since they are few and far between.

I feel God restoring and bringing me unto Himself and it is amazing! I pray this for you as well.

Love,

Your sister

2 comments:

M. Hurt said...

Hey, Jessica! Just wanted to say hello. We saw the same exhibit at the Kimball this weekend and it was awesome. Anyways, have a great rest of the week!

Dave Furman said...

Isn't that exhibit awesome!! Glad you enjoyed it!!