You know I'm procrastinating when I'm signed onto my blog, haha! I laugh, but really I hate that I procrastinate and allow myself to be in situations such as this. I hate that every Sunday evening I feel the way I feel right now. I have never counted down to school being out like I have this year. There are 28 and a half school days left, 2 of which I will be out of town and not at school. There are 41 days (including weekends) until I can say "I'M FREE!!!!" 41 days until I can sleep and not really have a major reason to be awake. 41 days until I can FREELY spend time reading the Word (and other books), spend time with friends, cuddle with my dogs, relax without feeling guilty or burdened, do yardwork without rushing, blog, journal, serve in ways I desire to throughout the year but don't have time or energy, sit on my patio, visit friends and family without rushing, nap, and whatever else the Lord brings into my path over the summer!!! This is my first year I haven't had set plans for the summer, and I'm looking forward to what it might hold for me!
Until then, I will still rejoice. I will rejoice that I have a job, rejoice that I have friends that take my mind off of what stresses me out, rejoice that I do have people that love me and that I love, rejoice that the Lord provides GRACE and STRENGTH to make it through each day, rejoice that He has a plan though I may not, rejoice that I can be joyful despite the circumstances, and rejoice that HE IS RISEN AND IS ALIVE!!!! Happy Easter everyone!!!
Today was wonderful. The sermon was wonderful because it preached honest and wonderful truth, lunch with friends after was fantastic and made my day, and then I got to take a nap! I wish it didn't have to end with work, which is why I've sat here for two hours procrastinating.
Let's do this, you can do anything for 41 days right? I also have a lot of fun planned in the next 41 days, so that will help too!
2 comments:
You can do it! Stay strong and focused! You need to make like a countdown calendar or chain, so everyday you can tear a page or link off and at the end have like confetti come out!
I never saw this comment, until now...I always forget to check the box that says "email follow up comments..." It's over now and I didn't get to try your fun idea. Next year! ;)
Post a Comment