Monday, June 27, 2011

Jump in the boat...and go for it...

There are two very important situations to which this applies, but Mrs. Chapman (one of my role models) told me the "Get in the Boat" story today so I figured I would find it online and post it, in case anyone else needs it.

The story…

A man is floating in deep water in the aftermath of a flood. A rowboat approaches and the occupants cry, “Get in! We’ll take you to dry land!”

The man replies, “No, no…Thank you, I have an unwavering Faith that God will save me!”

He has ‘dog-paddled’ for another hour when a life raft almost full to capacity comes into view and these aquatic sojourners also exclaim, “We’re coming….hold on! We can make room for you!”

Again, our tiring but faithful protagonist replies,

“Thank you, but I don’t need your help. God will reach down His hand and save me when He is ready.”

About an hour after the raft has disappeared, with its shrugging seafarers, the man tires, slips under the waves and drowns.

Upon reaching the Pearly Gates he asks of God, “I have always had such Faith in You. Why did You not save me?”

To which God replies,

“Dude…I sent you a boat…..TWO boats….!! C’mon!!”

1 comment:

Melinda Dumas said...

Nice story! Why did Mrs. Chapman tell you this?